I killed Usifo Ataga all by myself, without help – Chidimma Ojukwu confesses

Chidimma Ojukwu

A video of Chidinma Ojukwu confessing to killing the Chief Executive Officer of Super TV, Usifo Michael Ataga, all by herself, was played in a Lagos High Court sitting at the Tafawa Balewa Square (TBS) on Tuesday October 11.

The video which also captured a grim footage of Ataga’s lifeless body shortly after he was found in a Lagos short-let apartment serviced apartment, was played on a large screen in the courtroom. 

Chidinma Ojukwu, a 300-level Mass Communication student at the University of Lagos (UNILAG), is the prime suspect in Ataga’s murder.

Narrating how she killed Ataga during interrogation by Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Olusegun Bamidele from the Intelligence and Tactical Unit of the State Criminal Investigation Department (SCID) Panti, Yaba, Chidinma Ojukwu said she met Ataga through a friend and they started speaking to each other.

On June 13, 2021, he asked her to look for a place for them to stay, so she got the short-let apartment where they ate, drank, took drugs and where he was killed.

She said; 

“After I got the place on Sunday, we were smoking loud, drinking, watching movies and then I went to get food. The drug we were taking got finished and I ordered another one and went downstairs to get it from the delivery guy in the morning; that was on June 14, 2021.

Then on Tuesday, we drank and smoked loud and I added Rophynol to his drink and we had sex. I was on the bed and he was on the chair. Then later he started disturbing me for more sex. I was tired and after struggling with him, he had his way and still wanted more.

He wanted it, he was no longer himself and I thought he was no more interested in sex, only for him to return to the bed to ask for more sex. I pushed him away, which resulted in him hitting his head against a stool that had a glass. He had a cut on his leg and he became weak.

I got a knife and stabbed him in the neck, ribs and stomach so that he would not be able to harm me. I tied his hands with handkerchief.

His blood was out and I was scared. I just packed everything, my clothes were also stained with blood, I just packed my things and left.

I took the knife and handkerchief and when I got home, I threw the knife and handkerchief away.

Michael (Ataga) was a friend, that we just talked. I didn’t know him that deep and we did not talk regularly.”

When she was asked in the video if she was assisted in killing the deceased as she couldn’t have done it alone because of his physique, Ojukwu said: “There was nobody that assisted me, I did it alone.”

When asked why she didn’t call for help, she said: “Obviously I was scared that was why I left.”

The case was adjourned till October 12, for the continuation of trial.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

The Latest

To Top